SERVICES & PRICING
Printing ||| Design ||| Scanning
- Photogrammetry (photo scanning) of any object to a 3D model using multiple photographs
- Rendered image of the scanned model (File type - .jpeg or .png)
- Original scanned model/mesh files in .stl format. (Other formats available on request)
- 3D model scaled to your specifications (larger or smaller than actual size, if desired)
Additional info to consider:
- This service includes the scanning only. Depending on the complexity of the object scanned, the 3d mesh/model obtained from scanning may need additional work to cleanup errors or holes present in the model before the file is suitable for 3d printing. Mesh/model cleanup is considered 3D modeling and is $65.00/hr
- Not all objects are good candidates for 3D scanning/photogrammetry. Objects that have internal parts or features that cannot be seen by the camera will not be present in the final mesh/model of the object.
- For objects that are geometric based or require precise dimensions be maintained, 3D modeling using CAD is the ideal method of duplcating the object and not 3D scanning.
- Objects that are transparent, translucent, shiny, or glossy are very poor candidates for 3d scanning.
- The object to be scanned needs to be physically present in order to obtain the appropriate information for 3d scanning.
- The size of scannable objects range from 1/2" up to 25 ft.